1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer software that automatically saves web images

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Erick, May 2, 2005.

1. Erick

Erick
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want to download a webcam image from a website a few times everyday so I can create a time lapse effect. The webcam is for the construction of a building in London, UK. However since I want to download the images every single day I'd prefer to use a program that saves the images from the web automatically, using a schedule feature and saving it onto my hard drive.

Could anyone recommend a program that could do this for me, and show me where I could download such a program.

I don't own the camera, the images I want to download are from this site http://www.51limestreet.com/gallery_cam.htm. I want to use a program that automatically downloads the images every few hours without me having to go to the site and saving the images myself, so that when the building is fully built I can create a time lapse movie showing its construction.

:lease:

2. Werner

Werner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Erick

Erick
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for replying, not being quite as computer litterate, could you please explain a little more. I downloaded the wget but when I run it, it simply flashes and doesn't actually open. I ran command prompt but everything I typed in was refused.

Thanks again.