1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer & Satellite

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by aligebes, Jan 2, 2004.

1. aligebes

aligebes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I hope someone can advise me please.

System Spec - Gigabyte 7VAXP Ultra Mobo, Athlon 2200, 1 gig ram, Radeon 9000 graphics, 2x80 gig hd and 1 160 SATA HD.

I have been given a WinTV Nova T card for the freeview channels, so I have decided to get an engineer to fit a new LNB to my 80cm satellite dish which is still pointing at 19.2 east with a 2nd LNB pointed at hotbird. I have not yet purchased an LNB, I have read about one that appears to be 2 LNBs in one housing, though I do not know if there is just one cable or 2 cables

I would like recommendations on a good satellite card for my computer, that will pick up the High Def(euro 1080) channel that has started, and is also compatible with Showshifter, that alot of places I have visited seem to rate this bit of Software, I have also read about ProgDVB,can someone give me the web address.

Given my system spec, how should I proceed,and should I upgrade any hardware first. This computer will be a dedicated "media centre machine". It will not be used for games,WP or internet.

I would also like to feed the video signal to my TV as well.

I used to own a Pace MSS1000 system,hence the multi sat, and this is me getting back into the world of satellite away from SKY!!!!

Thanks to those that read and reply

2. tonyb

tonyb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

This thread is along similar lines to your post.

You'll find the link to progdvd there...

Tony