1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer hard drive and MP3

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by bluebs, Aug 9, 2005.

1. bluebs

bluebs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's about time I get an Mp3 player so have decided to get hold of a rio carbon.

I have one question which is undoubtedly going to sound a bit stupid - I have a work and home laptop, work one is win 98 so ruled out for connecting up to the player, home one is win 2000 but only 4gb hard drive. Am i going to be able to fill the 5gb player using this computer? - i was imagining encoding, transferring and deleting from the hd a few times or will the player try to match up with the computer drive and hence erase what is on it and not the computer.

Also will be getting a fm transmitter (not for use in uk obviously tho) - is there anything better than the belkin tunecast 2 (sounds like it's a decent bet and i will want a car cig plug)

Thanks in advance for the help

2. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Think there's a decent FM transmitter on the Proporta site ...

Don't think the Carbon syncs with the PC in the way you describe, but could be wrong.

3. Uridium

Uridium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,858
    for the sake of £40 you can get a 120-160Gb hard disk from Ebuyer or somewhere, just stick it in your PC as a Slave disk and it wil save you a hell of a lot of grief and hassle

4. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Or if, for whatever reason, you don't have the luxury of expansion slots, get yourself a high capacity external hard drive and just upgrade your USB to 2.0.