• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Computer error, please help?

Keithhampson

Established Member
Hi, my friend has just text me saying he is trouble with his desktop, a few days ago a warning message came up saying warning battery low, a day later it said something about a thermal warning, then today nothing and it keeps asking for me to install from disc, problem I never got restore or back up discs, any idea what the problem is and repair it?

Keith

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Without the detail of exactly what the error messages said or even what they were from it's very difficult to say.

If the battery low message was shown when the computer started up in black and white and not in windows then it would have been referring to the round button battery on the motherboard. That battery keeps the clock going when the computer is turned off and stores a few basic settings.

That may also account for the thermal warning (it saves the fan settings) but it seems unlikely to have anything to do with something saying install from disc.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom