Computer case with side loading optical drives

Rygar

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a standard ATX tower case with the optical drive bays on the side rather than the front? i.e when you push the eject button the tray ejects to the side rather than to the front - specifically on the right hand side when looking from the front.

The space where my computer sits is limited so I have to turn it sideways which makes accessing the drive bays a real PITA.

I'm wondering if this type of case has a certain name (if such a thing even exists) because its actually one of those things thats quite difficult to search for on google because most of the search terms you can think of have multiple other meanings in relation to computers & cases.

This is a favourite feature of Lian-Li, so something like the PC-X2000FN more or less fits your criteria. Unfortunately being Lian-li it is £400. They do have a couple of lower priced (<£100) cube models with the feature but they're mATX rather than ATX. They may have something in between, I'm not sure.

A couple of alternatives:

1. A compartmentalised case that's got the drives above the motherboard rather than in front of it. If you reduce the case depth by the width of the drives they should be open to open forward.

2. An external optical drive.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom