1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer Can't see camcorder

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by John Elsden, Nov 17, 2004.

1. John Elsden

John Elsden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My camcorder/computer firewire connection was working fine but suddenly the computer can't see the camcorder. I have a Sony TRV33E and have tried different leads with two computers so I am sure it is a problem with the camcorder. When I connect the firewire cable the camcorder screen says 'DV IN'.
    If it is a fault has anyone else had it ? or have I stupidly missed a setting on the TRV33.
    All comments will be greatly apreciated.

2. John F

John F
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    iirc you have to turn the camcorder on before you launch your software. Other people with more knowledge than me will be along shorty to give more help.

3. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +236
    With my TRV-33 switched on in VCR position, when the firewire cable is plugged in "DV in" appears on the LCD then after a couple of seconds a small dialog "Digital Video Device" opens on the PC asking what action should be taken.

4. John Elsden

John Elsden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You have confirmed that the message 'DV In' is correct. My computers don't show the digital device sign any more. I wondered if I had ,inadvertantly, switched something off on the camcorder but if it is not that it must be a case of the camcorder not comunicating with the computer and I will have to try and get it fixed. Thanks for your replies.
    John