1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compressed Air to Clean PC

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Higgers, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Higgers

Higgers
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    We're having our hall, stairs and landing decorated at the moment. The decorator has just sanded seven doors and their frames, skirting boards, countless spindles, banister, etc. Consequently my house looks like someone put a 25kg bag of flour in the hallway, buried a stick of dynamite it, lit the fuse and ran away.

A couple of my PCs are internally coated with dust so I could do with cleaning them with some compressed air. Does anyone know where I can buy a large can of compressed air at a reasonable price?

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Maplin's would be my first thought, you need what's often called an 'air duster'.

3. Pbryanw

Pbryanw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Could I hijack this thread a bit and ask if using compressed air is the best way to clean the insides of a PC of dust. My PC is caked with dust and needs cleaning so would this method be ideal? Do I just buy a can and point it at the dust and press and if so were does the dust go?

4. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Into the air. :)

The compressed air is used to blow the dust out of the case (and keyboard too, that's also a common use of these things), then you get out the vacuum cleaner.

5. Pbryanw

Pbryanw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Good, sounds like just the ticket especially with all the dust my Zalman 7000AlCu has picked up.