Composite Video to VGA Converter?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by dietcokevanilla, May 4, 2005.

1. dietcokevanilla

dietcokevanilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello - wonder if any of you can help me?

I have a spare LCD pc monitor which I would like to put to use as a TV for my spare room.

I only have one aerial point in my flat so already use a wireless a/v sender to transmit digital tv from lounge to bedroom 1. I'm thinking of purchasing an additional receiver for bedroom 2.....as long as i can find a way to connect it to the monitor.

The LCD panel only has a 15 pin VGA input, so I'm looking for a relatively cheap composite video (from wireless unit) to VGA converter. Sound isn't a problem as i already have an amp & speakers in that room.

I have found this converter unit: http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKU=AV09331&N=0

- however in the small print it says "Output suitable for 50Hz monitors only (Please note: most LCD displays are 60Hz)" so perhaps this isn't quite the right solution.

Any help greatly appreciated! I don't want to spend a fortune on this because it's only for the spare room and i also have to factor in approx £40 for the additional wireless receiver. Thanks in advance ;)

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,117
    dietcokevanilla

A few customers have tried the AverMedia boxes with reasonable results - I believe you can get them on SOR from the AverMedia UK site.

Best regards

Joe

PS Do folk actually drink that stuff :)

3. dietcokevanilla

dietcokevanilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Found an AverTV box on eBay - arrived this morning. Did a quick test (video only so far) and looks pretty good. Picked the box up for £30ish so it's certainly a hell of a lot cheaper than buying a new tv for the spare room and doesn't take up much space either. perfect!

Anyway, thanks a lot for the recommendation :smashin: