Composite video cable - help needed

calypso

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am currently using my Epson S1 projector connected to my DVD player through the S-Video input.

I would like to use the composite video outputs (3 RCA sockets on my DVD player) but the composite video input on the projector is a 15-pin computer/multimedia socket.

I have looked around local stores but have been unable to find a suitable cable. Epson do make one as an option ($100!!) , but the local dealer does not stock them.

I could make up the cable myself but I need to find out how such a cable would be wired at the 15-pin end.

Grateful for any advice.

Keene definitely do the cable you are after. Why don't you give them a call? Make sure you let them know what model you have as H or V sync can be an issue.

BTW, I assume you mean component video, not composite :) Composite is a single phono connection with the entire video signal going down one cable. As you would expect given no channel separation it's usually crxp.

Thanks VirusKiller.

Yes, I did mean component video.

Grateful if you could let me know how to determine whether I need H or V sync for the Epson S1.

Many thanks,

Originally posted by calypso
Grateful if you could let me know how to determine whether I need H or V sync for the Epson S1.
I'm afraid I don't know. My first port of call would be the manual :rolleyes: but if that's not revealing, I'd simply talk to the people at Keene. I know, for instance, that they made a specific SCART -> RGB conversion cable for the Sanyo Z1. So they may well know what to do for the Epson.

HTH,
Joel

John the component signal has sync on green.
Pin connections on a 15 pin HDD connector for component are

1 red
2 green
3 blue
6 red ground
7 green ground
8 blue ground

hope this helps

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom