1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

composite to S-video?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by richard plumb, May 10, 2003.

1. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,027
    I currently have all my av kit set up away from my TV, with a single s-video cable going across the mantlepiece to provide video.

But I can't watch my VCR.

It is currently connected to my TiVo, which in turn goes to an RGB-S-video converter.

Any suggestions on how to get the VCR output on my TV? Is there a composite-s-video converter? If so, how do I get the signal out - my VCR only has one SCART, which is currently used when archiving from TiVo to tape.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

2. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Compoiste to s-video converors can be bought from Maplin for £4.99.

Not sure how you would get a second feed though, sounds like you need to modify a SCART lead to give a video output. There may well be something like this already available.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Do you have an AV amp with S-vid ins and outs? If so that should up scale any composite inpute into the S-vid out put.

4. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    This feature is only avilable on certain models, such as the Denon A1SR and 3803.

5. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think the new Sony does it too but anyway, I got my converter from http://www.svideotorca.com/rcatosvideo.html

It's a great device and very well built, feels heavy. Not sure if it's better than the Maplin ones but it turned up in about 3 days from the US!

I know you can get a scart lead that has a box in it which allows you to take composite signals from it. Seen them at Maplin.