Composite to Progressive?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Dangerous, May 25, 2002.

1. Dangerous

Dangerous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently watch my Sony 10ht fed with an RGB signal from my NTL Digibox. The pictures ok but there's room for improvement. Does anyone know if it could be improved or even if it would work by feeding a composite signal to a TV capture card and then outputting via a Radeon 7500 through RGBHV. I might try it even if no one knows the answer it just means shifting a few cables, but I think I'll wait until the golf at Wentworth has finished. Watching golf on a 9 foot screen adds that little bit extra to the thrill if you can't be there.
    Thanks
    Dave

2. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +796
    you need to use a programme like dscaler to scale the image, and powerstrip to set your graphics card to the resolution of you pj.
    But i am not into htpc so you really want to ask the guys in that forum , im sure if you do a search in there you will find everything you need to get it up and running in seconds ;).

good luck.

3. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,042
    Sending composite to a capture card then outputting it to the projector is likely to result in a worse image. You'll have less colour info combined with the artifacts associated with filtering that reduced colour info back out of the black and white signal there was no need to put it in in the first place.

If you are going to do this experiment then the only way it is likely to be better is if you use an RGB to S-video convertor and feed s-video to the capture card.

Hope this is some use.

Gordon