1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Composite os SVHS to RGB using cable(s) only?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by zedzed, Oct 9, 2005.

1. zedzed

zedzed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi all,

I've got a camcorder (sony HC42) that I'd like to connect to my panny PW7 plasma. The camcorder outputs either composite or s-video.

My PW7 has a component board (for DVD player), and I use the VGA input for telewest box (via a Js Tech "RGB to VGA" box).

So ... my question ... can i get a signal (composite or svideo) to my pw7 using cables only?

(I'm guessing that svideo to RGB scart might be the most likely possibility ... but that's just a pure guess!)

Zed

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,590
    ZedZed

Best to install an S-Video Board into your Display - using the S-Video Board with your camcorder you'll get a very decent image.

Best regards

Joe

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    Composite & S-Video can not be 'converted' to RGB or anything else without hardware conversion. So as Joe suggested, the best way to get the camcorder displayed on your plasma is by getting an S-Video card for the plasma.
    If however you have an AV receiver/processor that does video upconversion then you can use that. Plug the cam via S-Video & the DVD player by component into the receiver and then the receiver into the plasma by component.

Mark.

4. zedzed

zedzed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Thanks guys.

The "2 slot" board (which has svideo) seems to be a staggeringly low £65 at digisaurus .... so I'll get that (which gives me another set of components too ... which I'll probably need for xbox 360 :clap: )

Zed