1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Composite input to HS10

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ethanol, Jan 17, 2003.

1. ethanol

ethanol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Quick Question.

What type of cable is required to take composite output from an Amp (assuming it is handling the signal switching) into the HS10?

Phono - Phono on Coax?

2. rumnblack

rumnblack
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The lead supplied with the HS10 is 10m long(!) and has the PJ Multi connector at the projector end, and 1 x RCA/Phono for (Composite video), 1 x S-Video and 3 x RCA (Component) on the other end. Therefore, you don't need to buy an extra cable for composite video unless you have two separate sources. If this is the case then, yes it is phono to phono but as you have an AV Amp you should be OK.

Before I bought the HS10 I thought I would need extra cables but hooking these up to my Denon 3801 AV Amp it does everything I need.

Hope this helps.

3. ethanol

ethanol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers rumnblack,

quick follow-up. you say if I have more than two sources, would need an extra cable, however can I not connect the component and the composite of the multi and switch on the projector which one to use?

4. rumnblack

rumnblack
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, I meant two separate composite sources, but presumably all your composite sources are connected to the amp and then the one output from the amp goes to the HS10.

Just to clarify on the back of the HS10 there is the PJ Multi connector which, using the cable has all the connections previously mentioned, AND ALSO it has separate S-video, Composite (Phono) and Component (3x Phono) AND ALSO a DVI connector!!