Composite input stopped working

L

larsan

Hi!

My BG1209 has stopped accepting composite in.
It just displays: WARNING: source not availiable!

I have tried differend machines (DVD, vcr) and new cables...

Please help!

Regards,
David

To rule out a faulty decoder
Put the composite video in the green input and select input 4 (it should work on 5 auto detect) you should get just a green video picture.

I have occasionally seen the actual BNC come loose from the input board and need soldering back on.

Does S Video work that will confirm the decoder is OK.

Hi Roland.

Yes, S-video does work.

Will try the green idea if you think I still need to...

Thanks
David

Did the Composite into the green work.? chanel 4 (sync on G)
Whilst you are there try 6 as well (component) should give you B&W.

Good news is that your decoder board must be ok if S-Video worked.

You are sure, sure, sure about your cable. any chance of trying it in a TV?

Dunno if green worked, have not got around to it... (will tonight)

Inp. 6 will definately be a problem, since it's non existent.
Mine is too old I'm afraid...

I am sure that the cable is not faulty, I have used three different ones, one which I'm actually using right now for transferring audio to the sub (hey, I can try with that cable can't I:p ) and another which currently runs from the VCR to the PC.

Thanks a bunch!

/David

The only thing that Video into greeen is going to prove is that your cable works.

Youa re of course right about the component input only availble on the "s" range.

I think your input module has gone for the Video module which is very unusual. good news is its a very comon module.

If you can get to it, the input module will slide out quite easily and still work dangling out of the PJ. I would try connecting the video signal and pressinging all the components (especially the input) to check for dry solder joints.

Clutching at straws but try input 91 too just in case your file got corrupted.

This is a strange one.:confused:

OK, thanks!

So to get to the video module, I'm standing behind my floormounted 1209, where to next? :)

Thanks so far Roland,
Regards
David

And you've tried bruching all the components in case they are loose or have a dry solder joint
S-Video Still works

You are certain its not the cable.

Time to try a new imput moduel I'm afraid.

Forgive my bad english - brunching? I don't know what it means...

I'll try taking out the input module.
By that you mean the whole connector panel on the rear?

Thanks
/david

David,

I think Roland meant 'Bunching' - moving the wires about relative to the connector to see if it bad joint.

Hope this helps

Hey, if you think my English is bad you should hear my Swedish.

I actually meant brushing trying find if one of the components has a dry joint.

Sorry about that glass of red wine for lunch.

Thanks, I'll try all that.
Will post late tuesday with the outcome.

Thanks guys!

(Kan du inte svenska, Roland?)
(Wich translates to: Roland, don't you know swedish?) :)

/David

I live in awe of you chaps.

The Belgium Barco Engineers have to be able to speak at least three other languages before their engineering qualifications were concidered.

One girl incustomer support can speak 9 and make her self understoood in another 5.

I'm still trying to get the hang of english.

Roland,

The video module...
How do I get it out? I don't seem to get it right...:(

/David

Irsan

You can't just pull the input module out as I said. (too much time spent on 708's recently I think).

I'll come back with something more useful.

A few more tries for you.

On the back is a termination switch for the video input push that back and forth to make sure you don't have a dirty contact. It should be set to off for normal use.

Remove power to the projector.

Open up the back flap of the projector and take out and reseat the RGB input and switcher module. This is the one roughly in the middle with the yellow leads coming from the controller board which is mounted in the back of the metal flap. In fact reseating all of the boards is never a bad idea.

On this RGB input board are a whole load of LEDS which light when the input is selected. Does the video IN light come on when you select that chanel?

I've also spoken to one of my techi budies and we are 90% sure that it is in fact the decoder board that has gone which is a sub board on the RGB Driver board. The one to the right of the previous board with all the wires going over the top. I'm afraid the only way to prove this is to swap the board over.

The most likely cause is a spike from a non earthed video source.

OK...

The "Video in" does come on. But does not stay on.
There also is a small red led "D40" on the board 3 from the left, which comes and goes with the video in...

Hmm...

And, oh, I do get som color "flashes" from the tubes before the "no source" is displayed...

Didn't the s-video test rule out a faulty decoder?

Best regards, and thanks for your time...

/David

There is weak chip in the decoder board that only deals with the Composite video. It is one that goes from time to time. the fact that s video and your other sources work ok has lead us to this .
the selector circuits are working.

Its the decoder for sure.

OK Roland.

Thank you for all your help with this.
I owe you one:cool:

Guess I'll have to buy a new board soon...

Regards,
David

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom