• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Components for a custom pc

F

Frazal666

Hi everyone. I want to know how to build a custom PC. It seems like a good idea as you can buy exactly what you want, as Ive seen many PCs with good and bad points. Firstly, I would like to ask if this is possible to do on a laptop, but I doubt that you can do that....yet.

I know you need: Motherboard, RAM, Hard Drive, CD-Rom, Proccesor, and a case. Is there anything else to build a basic computer?(Just to get it working)

Ok, lets say that I want a very high spec custom PC, for eg, Pentuim 4 HT 3.4ghz, 1024mb RAM, 200gb Hard Drive, 256mb graphics, and other high quility parts. How do you know if a motherboard is up to it? Is there a way of judging it?

Thanks

P.S. I am not acctually building one, I just thought it would be nice to know For the future when I may want to build my own computer.:smashin:

MarkE19

And a little help with actually building the PC Here

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom