1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

component Vs Scart ??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by MD_London, Apr 25, 2005.

1. MD_London

MD_London
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently have my Sky connected to a PWD6 using a scart board and picture quality is pretty good. I also have a Componont board so would I get a better quality pic using a scart to component cable?
    I am aware of the JS-Tech VGA convertor but its a bit expensive.

2. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    Unfortunately scart to component cable will not work. Your Sky box is not sending out a component signal for the plasma to recieve, it sends a composite video signal or an RGB signal.

First ensure your Sky box is indeed outputting RGB, contrast to LOW, 16:9 mode etc.

If you're still not satisfied ensure it is not the Sky compression that is annoying you, in which case you are going to see this blockiness and other picture artefacts whatever connection method you use. If it's the apparent softness to the image that is bothering you, this is the Panasonic scart board at work (stick your DVD player through the scart socket and try as you might, it simply won't be as sharp as the component socket). Go for the VGA box from JS and you won't look back.

3. MD_London

MD_London
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Liam. Appreciate the response. The Sky pictures pretty good thru the scart so maybe I will just leave alone untill I can get a demo of the JS-Tech VGA