Component vs S Video?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Phil White, Sep 18, 2002.

1. Phil White

Phil White

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm currently running S video from my DVD (Panny 360) into a Toshiba MT3 which looks great at 90" wide! Can I run Component into the 15 D Sub and if so will I notice any improvement. (If so, is it worth the £200 to buy a new DVD player that outputs component?)

2. Phil White

Phil White

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No one any ideas on this one??

3. iankerry

iankerry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I know that Gordon recently ran a demo session for me and had a cable that went from my DVD component output to a 15pin D-sub. It seemed to me to be a much better picture and a more rugged connection.

however, I am not sure that all projectors will accept this kind of input?

I have asked a company for a pricing on this cable today - if you are interested let me know, though I suspect the price will be about £100!

Unless Gordon (convergence) can put in an order for quite a few of them?

Ian

4. Phil White

Phil White

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Ian, I have a wiring diagram somewhere for the component to Dsub so I think a quick trip to Maplins for the cable will do me for now! I was just intrigued as to whether the picture would be better or have I already reached the limitations of the MT3 with S video?