1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Component Video

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by S, Nov 5, 2001.

1. S

S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I couldn't help but notice that one of the DVD players in Tesco (Wharfedale M5 I think) has component video output (along with a built in DD decoder) for £150. Blimey.

I'm a bit confused at the intended market. There can't be many people who'll shell out £2000+ on a projector with component inputs and then look to Tesco for a player.

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Strange things do happen ... :rolleyes:

3. common

common

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    But they might have a Toshiba TV - still very strange though

4. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Is this just down to the fact that the tv makers have not caught up with the fact that a lot or even most of the new dvd players coming out are sporting component outputs,most of the tellys in the USA come with component`s and a fair few with progressive ones as well - all the Toshiba range inc` rear projection to name but one of many.It is probably just another way the manufactors get out of charging top wack for under specified product :( "Yeah take those features off,and while we are at it,charge them the extra it cost us to do it") If Tescos are doing players with these outputs then the tellys will follow,just remember you live in the U.K. :(

5. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    No one questions a £170 Toshiba 210 with component outputs, why the Tesco machine? Many Toshibas are being used with projectos and the guys are really happy, only £20 more.

I think it a good move, it allows people to expand their horizons without ditching equipment. It won't be too long before we get projectors down to £1k, currently at £1.5k.