Component Video

S

Shaemus

Hi,

My Toshiba TV has one RGB scart input (which I use for my freeview box) and a 'Component Video (Y, Pb/Cb etc)' input, which the TV manual recommends for the DVD player.

The problem is, not only does my current DVD player not have component video output (it has an RGB scart), but I can't seem to find a DVD player that does!

Could someone enlighten me as to what is going on?

:(

You cant be looking very hard to find a DVD player with component out..whats your budget & any other requirements for a new dvd player, do you need prog scan, DVD-A, SACD compatability etc ?

Hi, LDR.

I can find plenty of DVD players with RGB component out, but none with this 'Y, Pb/Cb, Pb/Cg' type, which is what my TV inputs are marked.

My only requirements are:

Under £200
Optical digital out
Can play Photo CDs

Many of the Toshiba DVD players have component outputs as does my Pioneer.

If your current DVD player has two scart sockets you can probably connect the Freeview box to the DVD player and onwards to the TV so that both share the same RGB scart

I would have thought that a Pioneer Dv565 would fit the bill quite easily..I use a 656a with my Toshiba TV without any problems..cany you confirm the model no. of your TV just in case..

Thanks for all the replies. I'll be checking out all the recommendations!

Unfortunately, Ian, my DVD only has one scart, so that won't work.

LDR, The TV is a 32ZP18Q (the original pictureframe one).

The DVD is a Matsui Black Diamond BD24DVD.

You'll have no problem finding a player to work with that set, just wanted to check it wasnt some obscure model no. The .pdf manual I flicked through confirms component as Y, Pb/Cb, Pr/Cr
which is pretty much standard.

You should be able to pick up a Tosh 330 DVD player with component out for around £80. That'll be completely compatible with your TV. (I have a ZP18 and a Tosh 220 connected via component, and the result is very good).

Balders.

Nice one, Balders. The Tosh 330 looks just the job. Not only does it have everything I want on it, but I can use the TV remote to work it as well.

I've ordered one from Amazon (£69.99 + £6 delivery).

It came today, and it's brilliant! Best DVD picture I've seen on the Tosh TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom