1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Component video switching?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by sharon, Dec 30, 2002.

1. sharon

sharon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there

I have a Arcam DV-88+ and a US Gamecube, both of which give out Component video. However my Amp can't handle component. Does anybody know of a stand-alone component video switch I can buy (preferably remote controlled, as all my video sources are in the cellar and the screen upstair), so I don't have to manually change the lead everytime I want to swap from Gamecube to DVD (or vice-versa)???

Sharon

2. Sparky101

Sparky101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
  3. sharon

sharon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, looks like what I need. Anybody know if it's stocked in the UK, or do I have to order from the US?

Sharon

4. Sparky101

Sparky101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    From what I can tell it's only stocked in the US. Joe from the Media Factory did say just before Xmas that he'd look into whether there are any UK stockists for it but he's on holiday now until the week after next.

Note that if you order from Copperbox they'll charge around another $60-70 for postage which I thought was a bit steep so cancelled my order. I'll wait and see if any UK suppliers appear.

5. NeilMcRae

NeilMcRae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Yeah I ordered one from copperbox.com in the US. I don't think AA have a reseller outside of the UK. Its excellent. you have 4 ports for component and RCA audio, but this beast also swiches digital [coax or optical] audio as well! It auto switches. I have my box hidden away and I've never needed to push any buttons. At the mo I have Xbox, PS-2 and GC hooked up. Waiting for Sony Component DVD player to come out for the final hole. You can order from AA, and if you do you get a UK power supply. I didn't even think to contact them but copperbox where excellent.

Neil.