1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Component Video Switch Box

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by jumpt_upmunky, Feb 7, 2003.

1. jumpt_upmunky

jumpt_upmunky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Instead of asking my normal questions, i'm giving back!

Anyway after hunting round trying to find a way of connecting PS2, XBOX and Dvd player to my projector (all via component video) I managed to find a (cheap-ass) solution.

Its the NA36P 3-Way Audio-Video Input Control from Maplin (£12.99) basically it's a composite switcher but it works for component, I can't notice any degradation in the signal, and it handles all the different progressive signals I throw at it.

It's got 3 inputs and 2 simultaneous outs. Its switched manually but I read in another thread that you can open it up and with a bit of soldering make it auto-switching.

Hope this helps someone!

2. Klippie

Klippie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    jumpt,

Fantastic find...well done!

I will get one tomorrow.

Cheers Klippie.

3. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Yep, been using one for quite a few months now. It's real easy to override the manual switch and have it that whichever source is playing is sent to the outputs. Simply open up the box, follow the connections and wire each of the yellos together and do the same with the red and white.

Saves all that manual switching. Just remember to only have one source on at a time :D

4. dejongj

dejongj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good post, unfortunately I forgot where I saw it I think it was keene or lektro packs which do one that is remote controlled. You can even teach to the remote control receiver to 'listen' to the frequencies of your amp...So when you select the sound channel for the device the video switches along with it....

The price was £39.99

Cheers,

Jean-Paul

5. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    dejongj, you are indeed correct. I posted a suitable switcher last year and IMO its worth the extra cash to have it remote controlled. Here is the old thread if you are interested.

Nice workaround by Messiah though... Yet to test it myself since I've been awfully busy.