1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Component video PS2 to Philips LCD

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by chrisc, Dec 3, 2004.

1. chrisc

chrisc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

Just wondered if anyone has experience of this. I bought an Ixos XPP04 component video cable to connect my PS2 to my Philips LCD TV (30PF9975). Set the PS2 to output component video (Y, CB/PB, CR/PR), and connected everything up, but no picture! In the instructions for the TV, it says that it can take component in from a DVD, but only lists (Y, Pb, Br). I've no idea what this really means, or if this could be the problem. Does anyone know why I'm not getting a picture? Could I have missed something obvious?

Thanks in advance

Chris

2. cR4cKF0x 5TevE

cR4cKF0x 5TevE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +322
    The 30PF9975 only accepts progressive scan component inputs (576p, 720p and 1080i are listed in the manual, though my Marantz DV4300 now talks to it outputing 480p?!).

I'm not a PS2 owner, so don't know whether it will output progressive scan, if not, you will have to revert to RGB scart.

Hope this helps.

3. Binternet

Binternet
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    What is the model number of the PS2, only the newer ones support progressive scan. SCPH5000 and above will be fine.

4. chrisc

chrisc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies...

It's the SCPH-70004 (i.e., the new, thin model). I managed to get an image by using a Region 1 DVD, switching on progressive scan on the PS2 DVD player, and playing that DVD - unfortunately though, that doesn't really help me since the PS2 only gives an image playing that one DVD (ie., nothing from R2 DVDs or games, or just when switching on the PS2).

Hmmmmm... :confused:

5. Binternet

Binternet
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Ahh, I dont think the PS2 supports progressive scan on the games, just DVD.

6. Binternet

Binternet
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Ok scap that, some games do support it. When the system is booting hold down triangle and x (i think) and you should get a screen asking if you want progessive scan. I dont think many games support this though. The manual should explain the procedure if it is supported.