Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Component Video Loop Through

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by staffspeted, Jan 21, 2003.

1. staffspeted

staffspeted

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently have a Tosh SD520E DVD Player connected to my Tosh 32ZD26P via a component video cable leaving the 2 scarts on the DVD player unused.
    Is it possible therefore to loop another item (i.e a Sky Digibox) thru the DVD and into the TV using the component cable?
    i.e:-

SKY > Scart out > DVD > Scart in > DVD > Component video cable > TV

If so can I expect a true RGB picture from the Skybox?
    TV only has 1 RGB scart and I'd like this for my Multisat .

2. AOD

AOD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    It's unlikely that this will give you what you want.

The only equipment in your system that outputs a component signal is the DVD player, nothing else appears to. Connecting something to the DVD player with RGB will probably result in nothing being sent down the component connection. I doubt that your DVD player will convert from RGB to component.

If I were you, I would connect your Multisat to the VCR SCART of your Sky Digibox and then connect the TV SCART from your digibox to your one RGB enabled SCART on the TV.

I do something similar as I have a PS2 outputting RGB and my telly also only has one RGB enabled SCART.

Actually mine is a little more complex as I have a VCR inbetween the Digibox and the PS2, but this has 2 SCARTs and can passthrough RGB (as long as I hit a button on the VCR remote first).

In summary your connections would be something like:

DVD > Component video cable > TV
    Multisat > RGB Scart Out > Sky Digibox (VCR Scart)
    Sky Digibox > TV Scart Out > TV RGB Scart

3. whistlingDogg

whistlingDogg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Not unless your dvd player can convert an rgb signal to a component signal... (Don't know of any that could do this)