1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Component Video Connection Problem

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by smibbs, Jul 13, 2005.

1. smibbs

smibbs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

I'd appreciate some help with a problem I'm having connecting my Panasonic TH-42PE50B Plasma TV and my Panasonic SA-HT1500 Home Theatre System. The problem is when I connect the 2 devices using a Monster Video2 cable no picture is displayed on the Component AV choice on my TV. I went through the manual and am certain I set the Theatre sysem to output progressive scan correctly. The only problem I can see is that on the back of both my TV and Theatre system in says Y Pb Pr but on the cable connections it says Y Cb Cr have I bought the incorrect cable?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

Smibbs

2. MarkB4506

MarkB4506

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I can help with one aspect.
    You can ignore the labelling - you've got the correct cable.

Strictly speaking, YCbCr refers to digital component (colour difference) video, YPbPr to analogue component (colour difference) video, but a lot of manufacturers treat the labels as interchangeable.

I'm sure someone who knows more about your equipment will offer some specific suggestion about the problem.

HTH

3. absthechatter

absthechatter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You say you have set to output progressive scan, have you also set to output component? Most DVD players in this country are set to output RGB over scart by default. You may need to connect to another TV with a scart input, using a scart cable to make the changes.

Abs