1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Component to VGA

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Bigmonty69, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Bigmonty69

Bigmonty69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Done a search for this for the last 30mins and can't seem to find an answer.

I was all set to put a component board into my PW6 plamsa to receive component signal from my Jamo DVr50 DVD player.

However I now understand as I will not be using my VGA port on my plamsa it is possible to use that instead with no loss in PQ.

Can someone please veryfiy that I am correct and if so can you point me in the right direction of a couple of good online retailers that do these cables.

Thanks alot!

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,573
    Bigmonty

You are correct in assuming that with a Series 6 Panasonic display the HD15 'VGA' socket can accept RGB or YUV signals and if you have a source with YUV on three RCA all you require is a cable that's 3RCA to HD15 and a quick visit to the plasma set up menu once you have it connected.

I know one supplier who can offer you a few cable options - but then I'm biased and have to say there are quite a few cable suppliers around who supply the required cables; though only one that supplies the BetterCables Silver Serpent cables which are the best I've found..

Best regards

Joe