1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Component To VGA Cable - Best Cable?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by carlosbrunos, Apr 15, 2005.

1. carlosbrunos

carlosbrunos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I recently made a Component to VGA lead. I used an Ethernet lead (Foil Shielded), and some high quality gold plated RCA connectors.

The lead works fine, except when I watch movies that have fast paced, dark action scenes in them (or with smoke). I get a ghosting. This doesnt happen with out door well lit action scenes. I have tested my projector using a VGA to VGA RGB cable and no problems.

Should I retry using digital coxial thats silver plated? Also what is the difference in ohms rate mean? And one cable I looked at mentioned the mhz rating (300mhz).

Also could the problems Im having, have anything to do with that the DVD's I try are all standard def dvds? not Hi-def?

As a novice, any tips would be greatly appriecated.

Cheers

Carl :)

2. mordzy

mordzy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had keene make me a Sync blaster cable .. RGB componant to VGA. it does have to be pluged in mind 9v adaptor. i guess this is the ghosting you see due to weak signal?

have a look. although mine is fully wired scart to vga the signal is the same as what you are using.

3. carlosbrunos

carlosbrunos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Well this is were I confused. Some people say RGB is different to Component, but both are Red Green Blue. errrr... well confusing. I've been told the main difference is that Scart requires sync pins.

Cheers

Carl