1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Component to Scart question

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by RoobyRoo, Jan 13, 2005.

1. RoobyRoo

RoobyRoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Just registered on these forums, after having read through them extensively to help me upgrade to a new TV. I went for a 28PW8719 from Philips, 100Hz. So far I'm pleased with it.

I previously had my DVD player hooked up with an S-Video to S-Video connection, PQ was fine on my old 4:3 21" set. I've now got a Thor Scart-Scart for DVD to TV, since the consensus seems to be that connecting to the RGB Scart gives a better picture. However, I've since read in my DVD instruction manual that the Scart socket isn't RGB-enabled.

My DVD player has component outputs, so I was wondering will I see an improvement in quality if I decide to go for a component-Scart cable, such as this one :
    http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/PGV372.html

Any advice much appreciated. I don't want to buy another cable if it's not going to make much difference on a 28" screen size.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    This cable will not work with your TV.
    RGB an YUV component are different signal types and therefore YUV needs to be converted to RGBs to work. This cable does not do any conversion, it only passes the signal straight through.

Mark.