Component to Scart Lead

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by brattle, Nov 16, 2001.

1. brattle

brattle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know of a Component to Scart lead? I know QED make a one way Scart to Component lead, but not the other way around.

I don't want a component to RGB convertor, just one that will keep the component or RGB signal but change the "plug" at the end.

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,803
    The Scart to 3 Phono component cable should not be directional. It should work either way it's plugged in.

RGB scarts can be directional as the sync is sent on the "composite out" pins one way and on the "composite in" on the other

Gordon

3. brattle

brattle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry I didn't say, but this lead has a seperate sync lead too.

I suppose I could get a three way phono to Scart lead made. But how would I connect up the pins to carry a component signal from a DVD player to a Loewe Aconda?

4. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    I had a custom lead made up from I think Keene electronic (could be lectropacks). It was disappointing but works well. I was disappointed in that they have squeeze 3/4 75 ohm coax into the scart, not much more. In reality it is just what is needed but I think I was expecting a better quality finish, I can and do knock similar leads up regularly, I guess I was hoping for something better than a little DIYer like me can do. It was a standard item in their range.

5. brattle

brattle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, I'll try both Keene and Lectropacks (I'm too much of a noobie to go fiddling around with cables myself :blush: ).

6. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    I have just checked out the QED website...

So what does the sync cable do??...Do yo need to worry about this ina normal DVD-Tv setup ?

As usual its nice to see the same ppl on these threads.. this whole Loewe Issue is beginning to give me a headache.. if the tosh 36" had not got so many possible threads on the problems with it .. then I would have bought one by now (esp as the loewe does not have real component inputs etc etc).

will I ever part with my money???

Cheers

Matt

7. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,803
    Matt, the sync lead is not required with the Loewe. You could use it if you wanted by setting the TV to YUV with composite sync and having the sync lead attached to the composite video out of the DVD player. However the Loewe TV can accept just the normal three componants (YUV/YPrPb) from a DVD player.

It DEFINATELY can accept component in, in many forms. My only debate with it just now is whether it's de-iinterlacing the signals fed to it and if so is it using 3:2 pulldown detection.

Gordon

8. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Gordon, Nic,
    If I may ask, have you seen much/any improvement with using the component to scart method over that of rgb scart to scart?
    I am seriously considering buying a Loewe and also a new dvd, so compnent or not is affecting buying choice for which model to go for.
    Thanks.

9. Lowrider

Lowrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I will leave to Gordon the task of explaining why or how, but I switched from RGB to Component on my Arcam DV88 to Loewe Vitros and there was a BIG improvement on the image quality, better colours, less flickering and more detail on the background...