1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Component to scart cables/splitter?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Majik, Aug 11, 2003.

1. Majik

Majik
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Okay - I want to start using the RBG component out from my Xcard - currently using the single TV out, which is okay but not great.

Probelm is this - I have one RGB capable Scart socket on the TV, and currently the PS2 is going in there. Anyone know where I can get an RGB to scart splitter that isn't going to cripple my wallet?

I have yet to use the RGB off the Xcard, so looking forward to a quality improvement.

For those that care, I use the excellent Joveplayer form the HTPC into the TV.

Majik

2. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    You don't want to split the thing, all you want is a switch box with 2/3/4 whatever scart sockets on. The cheapest way is with a manual switch - argos do a good one very cheap, believe it or not. Or buy a Quattro from Keene online which has a remote.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Dixons sell a JVC one £15.99 5 RGB inputs with no switching so only one component on at a time but the PQ is great, using one with a Fujitsu 42HHA HD screen at the moment and no noticable drop in quality!!!!!