Component to RGB scart lead?

roorooroo

Hi all,

I have a HD/DVD recorder which is terrible at displaying RGB for some reason..lots of interference when using RGB.(a known issue it seems from various forums though component is supposed to be great)

Anyway, it also has component output so I wondered if it was a good idea to have a look for a Component to RGB cable and try it that way instead? (From component out on the recorder to RGB scart on the TV)

A good idea? If so, know any decent places to buy one?

Cheers, Roo

music

Hi roorooroo,

after searching for ages to find the answer I found your question and I reckon I have the same query, but fro a different reason.

I want to feed a VCR (composite signal) to my Yamaha 750 amp and upconvert to component at the amplifier, and then convert the upconverted output signals from the amp (component?) to rgb scart to input to my rgb to vga convertor.

So I think what I need is a component to rgb scart cable too. If that's what your after and get the answer please let me know!

THanks for any help anyone!

roorooroo

Hi roorooroo,

after searching for ages to find the answer I found your question and I reckon I have the same query, but fro a different reason.

I want to feed a VCR (composite signal) to my Yamaha 750 amp and upconvert to component at the amplifier, and then convert the upconverted output signals from the amp (component?) to rgb scart to input to my rgb to vga convertor.

So I think what I need is a component to rgb scart cable too. If that's what your after and get the answer please let me know!

THanks for any help anyone!
Hi Music,

I certainly will let you know!:thumbsup:

huntere

Guys

A few points.

1) AFAIK RGB can never display HD images. HD Can only display over component or DVI/HDMI. Therefore why are you trying to output HD over RGB? Which leads me to my next question
2) What sort of TV have you got? Nearly every display capable of HD has either component or DVI/HDMI inputs. Which again asks why are you trying with RGB Scart?
3) And RGB to Component cable does not exist. A swicth box can be bought - prices from £70 or so for QED.

4) A Yammy 750 amp AFAIK will not upconvert composite to component.
5) Many videos recorders will output over RGB - usually the SCART marked TV. Can you not feed this to your RGB-VGA converter?

Reiner

Anyway, it also has component output so I wondered if it was a good idea to have a look for a Component to RGB cable and try it that way instead? (From component out on the recorder to RGB scart on the TV)
Such cables exist but they are for use with equipment that can output / accept Component (YUV) via Scart, e.g. Loewe TVs.

However it's of no use to you because Component (YUV) and RGB are not directly compatible, you need a converter for that.
Please run a search, there are several threads about suitable products.

roorooroo

Thanks for the info..had a long google or two last night which near enough said the same things.
I found a couple of converters but they were very expensive. Guess I will just have to put up with wavy line RGB interference or buy myself a decent HD recorder!

Thanks again.