• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Component to HDMI

duffy78

Established Member
I'm looking at taking a component out and connecting it into a HDMI in.

Anyone got any ideas on the best way to do this?

I've been looking at converter boxes but have come across hdmi to component cables on ebay, this seems like a neater solution but does any one have any experience in this area?

thanks

duffy

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
'Component' (YPbPr) is an analogue video signal.

HDMI is a digital pipeline that carries Digital RGB or Digital Component (YCbCr) video + audio.

A 3RCA <> HDMI cable alone is useless and can lead to damaged kit!!!

You need active circuitry to integrate Component video with the HDMI Input on your Display.

I take it your wanting to do this to simplify connectivity and not hope for some miracle image enhancements!!!

Joe

duffy78

Established Member
i thought that cable was too good to be true.

Yeah i'm after simplify connections to my tv.

my amp has an ipod dock, but the track listing etc is only sent to the tv over component, not hdmi.

my samsung tv only has a input next button so it cycles through inputs and you cant select a specific one.

just means that using my harmony when i have been listenint to music it is never able to get the next activity input up correctly.

never mind, its only a minor inconvenience.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Have you asked on any Harmony Forums for discrete codes - often TV's with a Next button on the remote will have 'hidden' discrete codes available for using with programmable units.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom