Question Component to hdmi problem

Sobo

Novice Member
I need help converting a component Sony DVD changer/ Escient video manager to an HDMI input Denon receiver. The receiver then connects to an Optoma projector via a fiber optic hdmi cable. I get audio but no video from the movie. I do get the menu screens from the manager. I have also tried direct hookup from converter to a tv bypassing the receiver and projector. Same issue. I have tried 2 different converters (same manufacturer)

Sobo

Novice Member
Also- I have a fire stick hooked up to receiver on a different input and everything works fine.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
List the kit you have - DVD changer, Converter, AVR, Projector etc the 'brand' is not much use without stating the model numbers.

Are other Sources working via the AVR and Fibre HDMI cable to the projector?

Joe

Last edited:

Sobo

Novice Member
Other sources are working fine via the AVR and fiber cable.
The converter is Zepthus 5RCA component converter, DVD is Sony DVP-CX777ES, AVR is Denon AVR-S930H manager is Escient DVDM-100, projector is Optoma HD27HDR

Sobo

Novice Member
I'm guessing I need a different kind of converter but don't feel like buying several to get the proper one.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
I would simplify your system so that you have DVD Player > YUV2HDMI converter > Projector - if possible on a short copper HDMI cable for now to prove you can get things working.

I suspect your first problem will be ensuring the Player is outputting a signal the converter works with - if possible start out with 1080i

If you can make that work then step by step add your other devices into the system - Fibre HDMI then AVR, then DVD Manager.

I am assuming your final configuration will be DVD Player > DVD Manager > YUV2HDMI converter > AVR > Fibre cable > Projector.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom