component switching amps

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by peterbasmalord, Jan 2, 2007.

1. peterbasmalord

peterbasmalord
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all,

I am currently looking for a decent av amp (around £400) however the problem is that i require 4 component inputs due to my gaming tastes;) i remember seeing something like this a while ago i think but the details escape me. Another option would be if any amps 'convert' hdmi to component? Though i doubt theres much of amarket for that; its just that my tv only features a component socket [jvc hv28d40]
    If anyone has any comments or ideas? I suppose another possibility would be sepperate hdmi to component switch between amp and tv? I appologise if i seem niave in any of this, not entirely sure of what i require:]
    thanks in advance for any help, this post took slightly longer than expected, first thing i've wrote throuth my wii:]
    pete:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

2. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    Probably better to forget HDMI if its not necessary for you and look for a Component Switchbox....try Keene or Maplins......will allow you to plug 4 in and output 1 to the amp or TV (whichever you want to do)

pretty sure you can get 3 or 4 in to 1's for around £80-100 tops.....

that way you get the 3 or 4 the switchbox has plus a couple on the amp so 5 or 6 in total :)

3. peterbasmalord

peterbasmalord
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thought that'd be best, after having a look around I could only find the Marantz SR7001 with 4 inputs for around a grand:p

Pete