1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Component Switcher differences...?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by neoglow, Jul 7, 2005.

1. neoglow

neoglow
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hey guys, just got a Sharp LC26GA3E panel and have (at the moment) 3 component sources to connect to the panel.

A Gamecube, PS2 and DVD player.

This may sound very lazy but I dont like changing cables all the time and I do find some cables become very tight around the panels' RCA sockets, and god forbid if I ever yanked the whole socket out altogether, I think I'd cry. So I'd rather leave a Component cable attached and have the 3 sources connected to a Switcher. Now I have seen two differnet types and wanted to know the differences, heres the two...

http://www.zektor.com/hds4/index.html
    http://shop.nexnix.co.uk/Scart_Switchers.html (the 3rd one down - JS Technology Master Component Controller)

The first seems like a digital processor type switcher that is a similar size to a DVD player, whilst the other just seems like a simple switch box the size of a Gamecube. Now sizes aside, what are the differences - besides the price?

Would I really gain anything from buying the more expensive Zektor one?

Thanks guys. M.

2. Rob1698

Rob1698

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think the small box allows only two sources.
    But in general, the larger ones come with infrared remote control and/or some automatic switching, while such a small device only has a manual A/B selection switch. This one does have automatic switching.

I have something similar to the "trilogy 1" on that page (but with another name badge). But that is for SCART (with RGB).

3. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Quite a few sound processors have component switching. May be time for an upgrade!

4. neoglow

neoglow
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    So in terms of signal quality difference there wouldnt be alot??? I'm not looking for a really expensive peice of kit if a more simple auto-switching box like the JS Technology Master Component Controller would do the job no problem?

M.

5. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    I use the JVC JX-S111 available at www.svideo.com. It's about $70-80 (remember how favorable the current exchange rate is).

6. neil c

neil c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3