Component switcher box?? where from

Reaction score
Im after a component switcher box that will do my expensive cables justice, i have 4 devices that will run via one component(im getting the Samsung SP46l6HX which i believe only has one component input?), could knock it down to 3 if i run the dvd player via s-video(is that better than running scart?) Also if i want to run my PC through it would i need a DVI(from my geforce6800ultra) to HDMI (the Samsung set). Thanks for the help

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
will the ones you'e listed that come from the US work with our mains supply or will i need a converter? thanks for the help.

LRenno

If you want a high quality YUV switcher then have a look at the Zektor HDS4 (4:1) and HDS4.2 (4:2) - the letter model offers Two outputs for folk with more than one Display.

The Zektor switchers are very high quality and compatible with SD and HD signals up to 1080P - in the UK they are supplied with UK/Euro power supplies so no requirement for low quality PSU's.

See http://www.zektor.com

Your PC and Display will require a bit of careful set up to ensure the DVI (PC) Output talks to the HDMI (Video) Input - you'll need to ensure your PC can Output a signal the HDMI Input is compatible with (480P, 576P, 720P and 1080i most likely).

Best regards

Joe

PS Jak-B the switcher you highlight looks light a SCART switcher and most likely not that useful for YUV 'Component'.

The YUV switch from the USA will be supplied with a USA (110v) PSU. You will therefore need to replace it with a UK (240v input) 12v output PSU, but these are fairly cheap to buy. Just be aware that you will probably get caught for inport duty and then VAT on the total cost if buying from the USA.

I did think about listing an RGB scart switch, but you would then need to buy dedicated scart to RGB/YUV cables and the chances are the scart sockets would let down the overall PQ due to the poor design of scart. But if you do want to go this route you should be able to save a few quid on the switch itself, if not the leads.

Mark.

MarkE19 said:
The YUV switch from the USA will be supplied with a USA (110v) PSU. You will therefore need to replace it with a UK (240v input) 12v output PSU, but these are fairly cheap to buy. Just be aware that you will probably get caught for inport duty and then VAT on the total cost if buying from the USA.

I did think about listing an RGB scart switch, but you would then need to buy dedicated scart to RGB/YUV cables and the chances are the scart sockets would let down the overall PQ due to the poor design of scart. But if you do want to go this route you should be able to save a few quid on the switch itself, if not the leads.

Mark.

Just received the Inday component switcher today. On top of the UK Customs charge (£14), you need to pay a £13.50 charge to Parcelforce for the trouble of clearing the item through customs. The total extra charge was therefore £27.50. The Inday was £93 ($139 + $22 shipping) so it worked out at £120.50 in total. I'll have to spend another £12 to get an adaptor from Maplin, so that bumps it up to £132 or so. Well worth it for a component video switcher that has no equal.

Hello NickHK168

AHA - just seen your in HK :)

You may get more feedback on Inday on a US Forum as they are not too common in the UK.

Best regards

Joe

Joe Fernand said:
Hello NickHK168

AHA - just seen your in HK :)

You may get more feedback on Inday on a US Forum as they are not too common in the UK.

Best regards

Joe

Thank you Joe,
Actually your link may suit me better as in HK we have same voltage as in Europe. Hence, I won't need an adapter, required if I went the Inday route!
Thank you very much for the link to JS Technology.
Their product seems quite neat and I guess I'll place an order tomorrow!!
Cheers,
Nick

I'm trying to find a component switcher which can take 4 devices and the TV, so 4:1. I know some have been mentioned in posts, but I ain't keen on ebay for expensive items. Are there no UK based sites that sell them?

Cheers

Hello towerofsong

If you want a very decent quality 4.1 Component (+ Stereo and Digital audio) switcher I don't believe anything now gets close to the Zektor HDS4.1.

The functionality of the Zektor for Home Theatre systems is way ahead of what any other manufacturer is offering - see http://www.zektor.com/hds41/index.html

UK SRP on the HDS4.1 is £199.95 and it is available in the UK - see http://www.zektor.com/dealers/index.html

Best regards

Joe

Unfortunately it's a little out of my price range, although I wish it wasn't.
Thank you for the advice though. :thumbsup:

Hello danelectic

Have replied to your initial question in the other thread.

Joe

Hi,

The Zektor is a great little unit. There are a couple on the "classified" forums at the moment.

And I've also responded on the "quad" question.

Brian

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom