• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Component Switch

D

DaveP

I know you can get Scart Switches and even fibre optic switches but I've never seen a box for switching component inputs! Is there such a thing?

My Denon 3805 will do it but, for reasons that are far too complicated to go into here, I'd rather not use that!

I'm looking for a two way but obviously the more the merrier!

Anyone see one for sale, or even have one they don't need any more?

Thanks

Dave

BALLISTIX

Standard Member
I use one of these click to switch between xbox, cube and ps2, it works a treat and is only £15.

Excellent fast service by Whitedog too.

Regards
Andy.

CrispyXUK

Prominent Member
DaveP said:
I know you can get Scart Switches and even fibre optic switches but I've never seen a box for switching component inputs! Is there such a thing?

My Denon 3805 will do it but, for reasons that are far too complicated to go into here, I'd rather not use that!

I'm looking for a two way but obviously the more the merrier!

Anyone see one for sale, or even have one they don't need any more?

Thanks

Dave

I'd really like to know why! :)

D

DaveP

BALLISTIX said:
I use one of these click to switch between xbox, cube and ps2, it works a treat and is only £15.

Excellent fast service by Whitedog too.

Regards
Andy.

Thanks mate, that's just the job and at an excellent price!

I can't use the Denon because most of my kit is RGB output and it plugs into the Tele. I've bought an RGB to Component converter and that way I can use both the tele and the pj!

If I put the component into the Denon I won't be able to select the correct source sound to go with the correct picture, as all the video will be coming into one input irrespective of whether it is Sky box or DVD recorder or whatever!

Thanks again

Dave

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hello Tommymang

It has an Auto Sense feature - when you switch on your 'Second' source the switch automatically goes to that input,

The Zektor unit is also powered as it has all manner or 'features' inc IR control - the lower cost units are generally passive devices with Manual switching

Best regards

Joe

PS I'll ask 'symanski' (Dr John of JS Technology) to add if the power supply is used for more than the Auto source selection.

Tommymang

Established Member
Joe Fernand said:
Hello Tommymang

It has an Auto Sense feature - when you switch on your 'Second' source the switch automatically goes to that input,

The Zektor unit is also powered as it has all manner or 'features' inc IR control - the lower cost units are generally passive devices with Manual switching

Best regards

Joe

PS I'll ask 'symanski' (Dr John of JS Technology) to add if the power supply is used for more than the Auto source selection.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you know if this switch is any good: http://www.whitedog.co.uk/catalog/component-cable-switch/p-421.html

Thanks,

Tom

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hello Tommymang

I've read lots of positive comments on its abilities - mostly from folk who are looking to switch Standard Definition games Consoles to relatively small screens.

If a Manual 'selector' box with cables sticking out of all four sides does it for you then you cant really get anything less costly and its difficult to say anything negative against a £15.00 selector box.

If however you have spent a few bob on your Source devices, Cables, Display and Sound system and your looking for a 'loss less' switch for SD and HD then you'll have to look elsewhere.

A customer over in Ireland picked up one of these units recently and had it switching three YPbPr sources into his Pioneer 43" 1024x768 MXE Display and thought it was OK until he bypassed it with his DVD player and realised it was degrading his signal.

He's more that happy with how it performs with his old games consoles but not with his DVD player.

You'll have to define your requirements and system a bit more before anyone can say if this is worth considering for your application.

Best regards

Joe

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hello dan653

You need to take a close look at the Zektor HDS4.1 - much nicer bit of kit with many excellent features; I'm biased of course :)

The HDS4.1 has just been launched and takes what was the HDS4 (which used to go head to head with the AA products) on to a new level.

See http://www.zektor.com/hds41/specs.htm

Best regards

Joe

DrussTheLegend

Established Member
Hi Tommy,

I have been eying that component switch from TVcables.co.uk for a few days now for use with My Denon DVD, X360 and anything else that comes along using component.

You say its good but have you noticed any loss in quality when running anything through it. Have you run a HD source through it?

And finally (sorry) how did you find service with TVCables...there telephone number is invalid and that worries me a little when spending lots of cash...;)

Many thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom