Component Switch Box?

Melkor

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone link me to a reasonably priced, in-stock switch component switch box? The cheapest i've found instock is like £50! :[

I am going to try the RCA splitters from Maplin before shelling out on a Switch Box, people on here have given good reports on them...

I have the same one as Droix. Works well.No degredation of PQ as far as my eyes can see.

Ordered the switch-box that was linked via eBay, should recieve it shortly.

While we're on topic, is this cable the Offical Nintendo Cable? [which I believe it is]

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-10u-49-en-70-1mwi-4-6.html

If so will it work with PAL Wii's? Seems a cheaper alternative than ordering it from eBay for £35+

I bought those from Maplin before I got my Wii and they work perfectly with no loss in quality [to my eyes anyway]. Its a bit of a squeeze getting them all in but is a cheap alternative to buying a switch box.

In saying that I am going to buy a Joytech 540c in January but only because I will need more component connections for my plasma...

my YPbPr Power Box came last week and ive got my wii and xbox360 hooked up to it , connecting this unit up doesnt seem to affect the video quality at all:thumbsup:

I also have the one from play-asia though since using it both my 360 and Wii have been periodically (every 5-10 mins) dropping signal for about half a second.

Does anyone else have this problem with the ypbpr power box, or know of a way to fix it?

Cheers.

there are 3 inputs , maybe try swaping them round and see if that cures it?

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
From Play-asia. Ordered on the 14th Dec and receive it yesterday. However, I am still waiting for my official wii component cable to test it. When I ordered, it was in the same "back ordered" status, but I ordered it anyway as I was still hunting for the component cable.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-2q-49-en-15-YPbPr+Power+Box+-70-3cb.html

I ordered one of these and picked it up from the post office this morning along with my unofficial component cable. I have the Wii my DVD player and PS2 going through the splitter and I haven't noticed any loss in quality what-so-ever. Also I would like to say the cable works a treat and the picture is lovely compared to the crappy composite cable supplied, and altogether I think I spent about £15 :smashin: .
PS this is the cable I meantioned and it works fine.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
there are 3 inputs , maybe try swaping them round and see if that cures it?

It seems to be something to do with tiny surges in electrisity. I've noticed it flicking when someone switches on a light smowhere else in the house for example... bit of a strange one. I'm going to try getting another surge protected socket for the Wii to see if that helps

I'll be amazed if it does...:eek:

I've decided to go the VGA route to solve the problem. I'm going to try it now.:suicide:

Yup it works perfectly. I have my Wii and 360 connected through these into the component inputs on my tv and they work perfectly, absolutely zero interference or signal degredation.

I'll be amazed if it does...:eek:

I've decided to go the VGA route to solve the problem. I'm going to try it now.:suicide:

Quick trip to Maplin and working great with the Official Component Cables for both the x360 & Wii :smashin:

so what did you buy?

ive seen vga to component male connections but none with female ones??

so what did you buy?

ive seen vga to component male connections but none with female ones??

Three of These
I use a 5m Component Extension from the LCD to the end of the x360 component Cable so I just inserted these and voila...three new component sockets for my Wii :smashin:

Yup it works perfectly. I have my Wii and 360 connected through these into the component inputs on my tv and they work perfectly, absolutely zero interference or signal degredation.

I'm also using this method for the time being and agree with the above, no picture degradation for me either...:thumbsup:

Three of These
I use a 5m Component Extension from the LCD to the end of the x360 component Cable so I just inserted these and voila...three new component sockets for my Wii :smashin:

These are phono adaptors - how do the work as component video adpators?

These are phono adaptors - how do the work as component video adpators?

Component cables use RCA (aka Phono) connectors, simply plug these into the Component inputs on the back of your TV and it doubles the amount of Component (RCA) inputs you have, of course you can only use one at once...

Well I've tested it now and its definately turning on any product in the house that makes the YPBPR power box kill the signal for abouit half a second. It even happens on a surge protected socket. Any ideas on rersolving this as its really annoying when the house is busy.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom