Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Component splitter

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by XPav, Oct 27, 2004.

1. XPav

XPav

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks,

I've got an interesting piece of equipment that I've got to put together.

I've got 2 RGB sync-on-green cameras and an NTSC camera. I want to be able to look at them all on a semi-portable device without spending lots of money. So I'm thinking -- ok, get a couple of RGB (sync-on-green) to YUV convertors, and get an LCD TV like this with 2 component and a composite input.

Then I mount it all in a nice 19" rack with wheels, bolt the TV on top, and install various other bits of equipment that I need in the rack. Wa-lah, done.

Now one of the other things I'd like to be able to do is split the YUV signal after the transcoder out so I can also record it with a VTR or something.

I'd also like to have 2 sets of inputs to the transcoders, of which only definitely only one at a time will be used. A slight degradation in image quality is probably acceptable. This is not for everyday TV watching. I also don't care about audio whatsoever.

So the question is -- what can I use to split the RGB and YUV signals, or is there some better way to do what I'm looking at doing.

Thanks.

XPav