1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Component splitter

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by XPav, Oct 27, 2004.

1. XPav

XPav

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks,

I've got an interesting piece of equipment that I've got to put together.

I've got 2 RGB sync-on-green cameras and an NTSC camera. I want to be able to look at them all on a semi-portable device without spending lots of money. So I'm thinking -- ok, get a couple of RGB (sync-on-green) to YUV convertors, and get an LCD TV like this with 2 component and a composite input.

Then I mount it all in a nice 19" rack with wheels, bolt the TV on top, and install various other bits of equipment that I need in the rack. Wa-lah, done.

Now one of the other things I'd like to be able to do is split the YUV signal after the transcoder out so I can also record it with a VTR or something.

I'd also like to have 2 sets of inputs to the transcoders, of which only definitely only one at a time will be used. A slight degradation in image quality is probably acceptable. This is not for everyday TV watching. I also don't care about audio whatsoever.

So the question is -- what can I use to split the RGB and YUV signals, or is there some better way to do what I'm looking at doing.

Thanks.

XPav