1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Component Sockets or RGB Scart??

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by matrixsc, Sep 18, 2005.

1. matrixsc

matrixsc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Hi all

I'm thinking of buying a plams within a few months. Last time i bought a tv scart was the best to have with RGB i know about HDMI and DVI but i'm now told that Component Sockets sockets are very good as well now??
    So are they better than RGB scart?

Thanks for the help

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,571
    matrixsc

Mostly I find SCART, HDMI, DVI, RCA and BNC plugs and sockets are quite well made :)

If you mean what connectivity should you be looking out for on your new TV then one that incorporates RCA, 4Pin Mini Din, SCART and BNC for your analogue sources (Composite, S-Video, RGB and YUV 'Component') plus HDMI or DVI (with HDCP) for Digital would be ideal.

Look out for the new 'HD Ready' logo on any TV or Display your considering - that ensures you have compatibility with High Definition sources that are due out in the next 12-24 months (on top of compatibility with current analogue sources).

One option to consider is an 'HD Ready' Plasma Display with a single Digital Input and add an external Video Processor with multiple Analogue and Digital Inputs to 'manage' all of your source devices so they are best matched with your Display - though your looking at £800+ for a decent Video Processor.

Best regards

Joe

3. matrixsc

matrixsc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Yeah i'm looking at a HD ready plasma what i meant was would i be better to run a signal through a scart RGb or Component which would give me a better picture. I was told Component is better that rgb now?

I read here about component connection :-

This connection delivers the ultimate picture resolution and can be used to connect a DVD player or Home Cinema system with a corresponding output to the TV.