Component Set-top box

S

stuartsjg

Hi, does anybody know of any sky or freview boxes that output component video?

All do RGB which is derrived from the component MPEG stream so i guess there must be some avaliable that output it too.

thanks,
Stuart.

CARLOS

Distinguished Member
I think the Netgem is the only one to output Component ?

AOD

Yes the Netgem is presently the only box that can output component video.

Currently going for the amazing price of £49.99 (+VAT) with a keyboard included from Makro.

Clint C

Bit cheeky I know but can some kind soul get one of the Netgem boxes from Makro, send it onto me and I'll pay them for their trouble? :thumbsup:

Cheers
Clint.

cerebros

Originally posted by stuartsjg
thanks, ive had a look at some data sheets for it but it doesent say it outputs component. Its got scart RGB but no component.

It outputs the component signal from the main RGB SCART out. You need a special SCART in order to output it, such as QED's AV29 . Having had a Netgem box I can confirm that component is one of the output signal options

AOD

Originally posted by clintc
Bit cheeky I know but can some kind soul get one of the Netgem boxes from Makro, send it onto me and I'll pay them for their trouble? :thumbsup:

Where in the country are you?

Clint C

AOD, Chippenham, Wlitshire.

Clint.

Clint C

Oh bugger :oops:

:lease:

bowlhead2000

Standard Member
BT do an ownbranded equivalent of the netgem box, for 64.50 which was a great bargain until the netgem ones appeared at Makro.

BT have a couple of models - but the one you want is the interactive one (has a phone cable to do caller id on your TV/projector screen when the phone rings, and also for dial-up internet on your TV/projector screen). The cheaper model they sell doesn't do component so you have to get this one really, the other features are just a bonus. Also the netgem/BT boxes have a USB port so you can plug in a network adaptor and have do the internet on your TV via a broadband ethernet connection, fun...

I've had the BT box for about a month now, the picture via my AE100 projector is great. Also does digital audio output (optical).

Cheapest place I've found for good scart-to-component cables is

http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/t...d_group/se=Scart Leads/op=eq.html?id=gUCz9pQR

Clint C

Cheers guys, I may be able to borrow a Makro card later on today so will then whizz along to the shop to get me a box... :clap:

P.S. sorry for the thread hijack :blush:

Clint C

Yay, I got one... :clap:

serdar13

Standard Member
I picked one up yesterday too. Initial thoughts of it are good.

Will be trying out various audio and video formats off usb hard drive tonight. Will post my findings.

David PluggedIn

correct - Sky boxes all have compostite and RGB, while some also have Svideo as well. In terms of quality then RGB is of course the best and can deliver great results if your display is able to support it.
cheers

Goonboy

I have SKY and use an RGB to Component converter from J S Technology (http://www.js-technology.com/). It has worked flawlessly for the past 2 years.

L

loadsofleads

I have SKY and use an RGB to Component converter from J S Technology (http://www.js-technology.com/). It has worked flawlessly for the past 2 years.

Do one of these converters actually improve the picture ???

I've got a SKY+ box and I am getting a Pioneer 434HDE, would it be a worthy investment for me

:lease:

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom