Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Component/Scart - Panny 36PL32 ?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Hudson, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Hudson

Hudson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Sounds a stupid question as most would say the comp connection is best but although i know the tv can accept a prog scan signal my Sony 525 dvd player (old but lovely) only outputs interlaced, will i still notice a difference is i go for comp over a high quality scart lead (i already have, i will have to purchase comp leads) ?? Cheers.

2. dsbaker

dsbaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well...it's all subjective.

But I think a great DVD picture over a good quality RGB Scart can be BARELY noticeable in difference between a progressive picture over component. Component will be sharper and the colours should be nicer - but in the real world will you notice? Unless you're looking at a 50-inch plasma probably not. Good scarts (with good equipment) CAN be very sharp.

3. Hudson

Hudson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for that, you have confirmed what i had suspected, i am one of the lucky ones who managed to get the £499 Currys bargain of the weekend on the set. I still like my sony 525 although i really fancy an SACD/DVDA player (mainly for the 5.1 version of War of the Worlds), but i will wait and see. Thanks for your help.