Component/RGB switching on a Lumagen

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by imichael, Feb 17, 2005.

1. imichael

imichael
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello again
    Now I've had the Vision for a week I've worked out the memories and calibrated for NTSC and PAL DVD's :thumbsup: , but I have just noticed that I am only using the RGB out into VGA.

Both my Briteview and Iscan Pro worked sending component and RGB to the VGA on the screen, but with the Lumagen I get the green screen. Is there any possible reason for this? It is not earth shattering as the RGB picture is great, but I would like to compare it to component to see if there is a difference. I will try with a component break out cable tonight to see if the YUV inputs work.

I have all sources routed through the amplifier, and barring Sky on Svid they are set to component, with up switching to component out.

Thanks

Ian

2. Jase

Jase
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,417
    What display are you using? On mine (Panny PWD6) you have to manually switch the VGA input between RGB, RGBHV, Component etc.

3. imichael

imichael
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's a Delphi, and it switched automativally with the other two boxes - there is no menu option for changing it.

I'm going to try just connecting the DVD player later, without the ampin th emiddle and see if that makes a difference

Ian

4. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,011
    RGB/H/V will (should) give you the best result anyway.