1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Component/RGB switching on a Lumagen

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by imichael, Feb 17, 2005.

1. imichael

imichael
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello again
    Now I've had the Vision for a week I've worked out the memories and calibrated for NTSC and PAL DVD's :thumbsup: , but I have just noticed that I am only using the RGB out into VGA.

Both my Briteview and Iscan Pro worked sending component and RGB to the VGA on the screen, but with the Lumagen I get the green screen. Is there any possible reason for this? It is not earth shattering as the RGB picture is great, but I would like to compare it to component to see if there is a difference. I will try with a component break out cable tonight to see if the YUV inputs work.

I have all sources routed through the amplifier, and barring Sky on Svid they are set to component, with up switching to component out.

Thanks

Ian

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    What display are you using? On mine (Panny PWD6) you have to manually switch the VGA input between RGB, RGBHV, Component etc.

3. imichael

imichael
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's a Delphi, and it switched automativally with the other two boxes - there is no menu option for changing it.

I'm going to try just connecting the DVD player later, without the ampin th emiddle and see if that makes a difference

Ian

4. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +626
    RGB/H/V will (should) give you the best result anyway.