1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Component over scart?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by prezz, May 20, 2005.

1. prezz

prezz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm gonna be buying an LCD very soon & was wondering if to use progressive scan, does my DVD player have to be connected to the screen via component or would an RGB Scart work too?
    Thanx for your help! :)

2. benwong

benwong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To my knowledge, Progressive Scan is only possible via Component or DVI inputs/outputs and is therefore not possible via Scart.

Having said that, the new 32" Tevion that's going to be sold in Aldi's seems to be able to cope with Component inputs via it's 2 scart sockets, so this may allow progressive scan via Scart, but I very much doubt DVD players can output Progressive via scart.

Ben

3. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Component over Scart is very uncommon, but not out of the question. Unless you are 110% sure what you are doing, just assume that it does not exist. There are a number of flavors of component, especially on how the synch signal is derived. Component would normally use 3 video wires. Scart on the other hand often uses the composite pin for synch. So you are left with the prediciment of how to connect the two - expert advice if often required direct from the cable/converter manufacturers.

-Ian

4. prezz

prezz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cool I thought this might be the case! Thanks for your replies!