Component outs

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by M0T, Aug 26, 2002.

1. M0T

M0T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Ok, I have decided on the purchase of a new TV with component inputs to use for gaming etc and I also want to connect te PC up as well, I do need a card or adaptor to let me plug into the component ins of the TV, is there a solution available and at not too much cost. I do also want this to output progressive scan as well.

2. 49thnorth

49thnorth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Audio authority makes a device to convert VGA to component. This device works well however it really is not needed. All you need is a VGA to 5 BNC cable and some adaptors to turn the BNC ends back to RCA's. The 5 BNC connectors will read Red, green, blue, Horizontal sync and vertical sync. Component video is basically the red ,green, and blue. Component video does not use the horizontal and vertical sync connections so leave them disconnected. There you go rather then 100 dollars for the adaptor you can spend 10 bucks on just a cable.

3. dejongj

dejongj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That would be great news. My Sanyo PLV-30 projector states that it expects sync on Green. As the component inputs can also expect an RGB signal would sync on Green only be required when transmitting an RGB signal instead of a progressive scan component?

4. 49thnorth

49thnorth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Should work for both. Interesting enough, it will not work in the reverse. For that you need a converter for around $400 US. Doh!!!
    Here is an excellent article from DVDO makers of the Iscan Plus on the topic. It includes the cable pin out information for those of you who would like to make your own.

http://www.siimage.com/documents/SiI-AN-0050-A.pdf