Component output DVD->Projector only shows green

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by daveporter, Jul 27, 2002.

1. daveporter

daveporter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have an NEC VT440 projector and a Denon 2800 DVD (progressive scan, component, multi-region). I also have an Xbox with high-definition AV pack.

I have been successful conecting the Xbox to the projector using 3-RCA to 15pin VGA cable (a cheap one for testing at first - normally used to connect PC to monitor BNC inputs). The Xbox works fine in high-def mode with this cable and projector from the AV pack's Y, Pr, Pc component outputs

However, when I connect the DVD player to the projector using the same cable and from the DVD Y, Pr, Pc outputs the image on the screen only shows the green component. Changing settings on the DVD player has had no effect.

Has anyone experienced this problem before, or anyone know how I can determine the cause/know how to fix it?

Thanks

Dave

2. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +338
    I would say you either have 2 of the component cables switched (ie in the wrong connections) or you have your DVD player set to output YPrPb not YCrCb or set to RGB.

Double check the menu settings in the DVD player.

3. daveporter

daveporter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice. Tried again and after more investigation was successful!

It turns out the projector thought it was getting RGB (so gave equal weight to the signals - the picture looked just green at first but on closer inspection there was some red and blue components) however the DVD player was outputting component.

The vital setting was that the DVD player only seems to output 480p YPrPb when set to NTSC.