1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Component Out To VGA In or Scart In (RGB)

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by moku, Nov 7, 2004.

1. moku

moku
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

Is it possible to connect Component Cable Out (AV-AMP) directly to VGA In (Plasma)? or would it have to be connected via a converter of some sort?

The link below do sell this particular cable for this type of connection:
    http://www.lektropacks.co.uk/dept.asp?dept_id=202

My Plasma (Fujitsu P42VHA30ES) has Component In, but that is already utilised by my DVDR (Panasonic DMR-E85), through which I've daisy-chained a Sky Receiver and Humax Motorised Receiver. I have a Digital Coaxial Cable from E85 to AV Amp (Yamaha RX-V2500) in another room for didgital surround sound.

I do have a 2nd DVD (Pioneer DV-575), Freeview Receiver (Humax PVR8000T) and a DAB Tuner and intend to connect all 3 equipments to AV Amp (Yamaha RX-V2500) and then have a single cable i.e Component/RCA out to Plasma's VGA In or Scart In (RGB). my preference will be utilising VGA Input on Plasma.

Before you ask, it wont be possible to connect all 6 equipments to AV Amp and then have one cable connecting to plasma. This is because the AV Amp is in another room and needs to be there due to embedded cables in wall etc.

Sorry its a bit long winded but hope I have done justice to the question by the way I've explained it, and I look forward to your views. :rolleyes:

2. MuffKing

MuffKing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Component RGB cannot be converted to VGA as you lose syncronisation, but you can use a switching box in the Plasma Component input to allow several Component feeds to be switched.

3. MuffKing

MuffKing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought I would reply to the PM on here so that everyone reading understands as we all learn something on this forum.

Regarding trying to connnect a Component output to the Plasma's VGA input. In theory it's possible to buy some kinn of conversion box which will convert the RGB sugnals to VGA, but this would be an expensive option. By far the best way would be to use a Component video switching box which works in exactly the same way an AV switching box, only you would be switching 3 phone video leads rather than a composite and 2 audio connections.
    The one below for example has 3 sets of phono inputs. It's £60, but is remote control.
    [​IMG]
    See www.brymar.co.uk

4. moku

moku
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just checked AV hub you suggested. Despite the limited info from brymar's web site, there is no mention of the hub allowing several component inputs.

My Yamaha RX-V2500 AV Amp is an upconverter and therefore able to converter several signals and control several several av equipments.

It appears that your suggested AV Hub will control several av equipments which my av amp is capable of. Am I missing something or my lack of knowledge is acting as a barrier or hindrance at this stage???

5. MuffKing

MuffKing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The AV switcher in the pic was one of the basic models as you said you didn't want to pay big money which is understandable, although the downside was that you only get 3 inputs for £60 and it won't convert other video signals to Component RGB.
    You will have to do a little searching, but you should be able to find a better version of the switcher that will allow you to take all your video signals and feed them into one input on the panel at the press of a button.