1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Component out on PC?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by BestGear, Feb 17, 2004.

1. BestGear

BestGear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Chaps

Sorry for asking a dumb question here.. I have searched and cannot find an answer...

Anyone know of any AGP cards that offer component video out?

I guess there must be some out there!

And... It will probably be a phone book down the trousers moment I would guess...

D

2. supersonic87

supersonic87
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Not entirely sure, but i'm pretty sure you can get DVI-component dongles from ATI for all-in-wonder cards, and I think there are VGA-component leads for other radeon cards. Somebody here should know for sure

Rich

3. onewingedangel

onewingedangel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Wrong way round, the all in wonders have a vga>component dongle, wheras the others have a dvi>component dongle. Neither product is avaliable direct from ATI in Britain but a number of third party suppliers can provide them.

4. spamboy

spamboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Whilst we're on the subject (sort of) does anyone know where you could buy a vga -> scart cable? I know you can make them, but to be fair I can't be bothered.

Thanks,

SB

5. BestGear

BestGear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I dont think you would have much fun here...as the vga signal normally has sync separate for V+H (possibly on green too) - the RGB signal your TV has includes sync with the RGB... ie its not presented separately.

Also, your VGA signal is was outside the reaches of your TV's ability to lock onto, so you are very unlikley to get a stable picture. You could possibly, if your VGA card could go down low enough...

So, your option - buy a converter box - check out JS who sponsor this forum - thier banner usually flashes at the top of this screen!

Have fun.

D

6. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,112
    Most scart devices output RGB with seperate sync on the composite pin rather than on green.

7. probedb

probedb
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +181
    You can make a VGA-> RGB SCART cable for Radeons, it's been around on this forum recently.