1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

component out on dvd to plasma : lead needed

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by thecheekymonkey, Feb 16, 2005.

1. thecheekymonkey

thecheekymonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok, got an lg rz plasma, happy with it for what i paid for it.

anyway, heres the dilema if you could call it that.

on my set up, i have my xbox going to HD adanced AV box, which give component out, this connects to the component in on my plasma.

i also have a panasonic dmr e85 dvd player, which also has compnent out, and i would also like to input this into the plasma.

dont want to get a component switcher.

would like to use a converter / cable adapter to allow the component to either the VGA in, or DVI in.

on a budget, , any suggestions of where , and what i need (i`m in the uk)

i have done a bit of searching, but seeing as this is by far the best AV forum going, thought i`d ask a bit of advice here

cheers for the help :)

2. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    av sales carry van damme cables component to vga..not cheap..but good

3. AFC

AFC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use something like this
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=22610&item=5750785211&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

You need to make sure your plasma can accept a component signal through the VGA connection as well.

I connect my DVD player to my Panny 6 plasma and it works very well. However, I bought from a seller in the USA as they're a lot cheaper, I can't find where I bought mine but here's something similar
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64631&item=5751324088&rd=1