Component out and sky+

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by thfccambs, Mar 22, 2005.

1. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,168
    Wasn't sure where to post this so hope it's ok here?

Ok, got my sky+ to go into my yamaha 750 amp using s-video,also got my pioneer 575 going component in to yam.
    Got component out going to my AE700,when i switch it to tv on the amp it's blank.What settings should the sky menu be on.Tried RGB and PAL but still no picture.
    Getting a picture ok when amps set to DVD.

Just thought i would be able to use the component switching with the sky box?

cheers.

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    The Yamaha 750 up-converts s-video to component, but I'm not sure whether the Sky box outputs s-video via the scart. If you have a Sky+ box, try outputting the s-video to the Yam via the s-video output on Sky+.

3. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    Hunts1uk - unfortuantly s.video is a signal format and not just a socket shape. To be able to do what you are wanting you would need a sky box that can output svideo - just using a scart->svideo cable will not work unfortuantly.

If your Sky box can only output composite or RGB then your best option would be to get a JS technologies RGB -> Component convertor but given they are about £140 (plus the extra component cable you need) and unless your screen favours component it wont improve picture quality it may be an expensive option just to get to use your AVR for switching. They do a slightly cheaper RGB -> S.video box too but this would add another conversion and so wouldnt be as good for picture quality.

4. D J Fryer

D J Fryer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Guys, Sky+ has a s-vid out separate from its scart sockets. I imagine that hunts is using this.

hunts - you have component to your AE700, how is your TV connected to the amp or is Sky+ going direct to TV via RGB scart?

If video from your amp feeds your TV could it be something as simple as ensuring that the relevant output is assigned to 'TV' on your amp?

5. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,168
    Sorted now thanks for help.