• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

component or vga for a Hitachi PD9700?

G

gingerjumper

Hi all,

Can anyone who uses an Xbox 360 with a Hitachi 9700 give me some advice pelase on what cable connection is best - vga or component?

I have left a message at the Hitachi 9700 owners thread but no one has replied.

I know this model tv has resolution of 1080 * 1020 but all the vga cables I have seen only output at a maximum horizontal resolution of 720. Does anyone know of any vga cables that could go to 1020 horizontal?

cheers

gj

M

mrgrill

I've got a 9700. Just use the component cable you get with the 360 premium pack. Best option mate.

Set the 360 to output at 1080i and life will be sweet :thumbsup: I must admit, I was led to believe that component offered a much better picture than than VGA - only HDMI is better than component, but I'm too sure on that.

EDIT: It seems I maybe wrong, although the general opinion is try both. See this thread

Linky Linky

I couldn't be bothered buying any more extras for my 360, so just stuck with component.

I must admit, mine looks fantastic. I still get blown away by it.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom